Let’s start by the numbers. I’m pretty sure you don’t need much to be convinced of the importance of LinkedIn in you professional life, however degreequery.com gives us a few data that will push you totally into improving your profile.
Did you know for instance 150K out of the 235k jobs available in the US have been posted on LinkedIn? Impressive figure! 280 million users that are growing quickly, so go get your piece of cake!
Don’t miss the rest of the astonishing data in the infographic by clicking over the following link:
1. LinkedIn: A closer look by degreequery.com
Now that you know the high level of penetration of this network among professionals, let’s see how to improve you personal branding:
- Finish your profile. If you fill it up step by step you won’t forget any of the sections. Go straight to the point but explaining the main points.
- Add links to your work, portfolio, your social networks or to your personal blog.
- Don’t forget to customize your own LinkedIn url! If you include a link to your profile such as linkedin.com/132649235964 in an application… You’ll see.
- Be original, specially on the head. Try to include at least 2 keywords about your specialty.
- Search for contacts, professional groups and take part. But don’t spam them!
Here are 5 more killer tips:
Those tips are easy to follow, but… Do you want to improve your profile like a social media professional would do? Then follow the checklist you’ll find in our next and last infographic:
Have you found either done on your own any other infographic you want to share with Social With It? Send it over to firstname.lastname@example.org and it’ll be published next Day of Infographics! And remember you can find all our infographics under this hahstag: #DayOfInfographics on Twitter and Facebook.
Also, follow the latest trends and info about social media via our Twitter or Google+ accounts, find new pictures and infographics on Pinterest or join our interesting conversations with other specialists on the fanpage and LinkedIn Group. I’ll be waiting for you!